Providing opportunities for spiritual growth and development—no matter one’s age—is very important to us! Whether you are a young child or 105, we want to help grow you in your faith and strengthen your spiritual muscles.
Our mission is to teach, train, and equip this generation to know, love, and serve God and to be His ambassadors wherever they go. Kids are never too young to learn about the God who created them and His incredible love for them! Our Kid's Ministry's staff and volunteers strive to teach these and other truths to our kids, instilling them with a solid Biblical foundation on which to build as they continue to grow. We also want to have a ton of fun!
On Sunday mornings during our Worship Service we offer:
- Nursery (Ages 6 weeks – 2 years)
- Preschool (Ages 3 – 5)
- Kid’s Church (Grades K – 5) *Every 5th Sunday grades K-5 remain in the regular service.
- Fort Kidz (K – 5th grade) from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. *Runs September through April.
When it comes to Kid’s Ministries, safety is a top priority. You can feel at ease knowing your children are being cared for by qualified teachers and volunteers who have been through our application process and have cleared a background check. We also have a very thorough Sunday morning check-in system.
Kid’s MinistriesChildren are a gift from the Lord…” (Psalm 127:3, NLT)
They need God and His strength. They also need the encouragement and support of the local church. We want to provide a place where students can be built up in their faith, challenged with the truth of God’s Word, and encounter the love of Jesus Christ.
Fort Student Ministries meets every Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. *Pre-service prayer begins at 6:45 p.m. *All leaders and youth staff have undergone the application process and have cleared a background check.
Student Ministries (Grades 6-12)“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.” (I Timothy 4:12, NLT)
Discipleship is a life-long process. Its ultimate goal is a life transformed into the image of Christ. How do we get there? We believe one crucial way is through connecting with other believers in the context of small groups. It’s within this context we are empowered to live out our calling and become true followers and disciples of Jesus Christ. We need one another on this journey! Sunday mornings alone will not be enough if we truly want to grow and go deeper in our faith. We want to resource you to begin to take responsibility for your own spiritual growth and development by providing a place for everyone to land on the small group spectrum. Our groups meet for a cycle, which runs September - May. Each August everyone has the opportunity to sign up for a new group. Learn more about what small groups we are offering this cycle HERE.
We currently offer three different types small groups:
- Equipping Groups
- Community Groups
- Discovery Learning Groups
Discipleship (Small Groups)“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” (Matthew 28:19, NLT)
“…Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” (Luke 9:23, NIV)
Growing leaders within our body is a key component of making and releasing disciples. We want to make sure we are identifying and equipping those with a leadership gifting or leadership potential. Here are some key opportunities for those who would like to grow in this area:
- "Spirit-Empowered Leader", “Bible-Centered Leader”, and "Discipleship & Leadership" Discovery Learning Small Groups
- "Focused-Life" Weekend Workshop (This workshop includes four follow-up coaching sessions with licensed coaches Pastor Chad Davidson or Jessica Sanford [Leader Breakthru], in order to further explore what God is speaking to the individual.)
- Mentor/Coach Seminar
- Growth Coaching Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
Developing Leaders“You have heard me teach these things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.” (I Timothy 2:2, NLT)
- Our Wedneday Morning Bible Study meets every 1st + 3rd Wednesday at 10am in the Cafe. This is a great opportunity to dive deeper into God's Word and to encourage one another in our faith journey. Everyone is welcome.
- We now have a Widow's Ministry which meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1pm at the home of Linda McClannahan. Their mission is to encourage one another and serve others.